[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The 38 dogs, and a conversation with Charlene Marchand

  • From: Ileana <inquestgsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "rockylizard@xxxxxxxxx" <rockylizard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 10:49:14 -0500

This is the same experience my brother had when he happily offered to adopt 2
adult dogs that "had" to be adopted together. We have never had food available
(as in free feed) to any dog, regardless of the breed. Ever. My brother works,
but my sister inlaw is a stay at home mom. She does volunteers at the kids
school 2 days a week. Not acceptable. The dogs HAD to have human companion
24/7. BS. My dogs are home alone part of the day. You know what they do??
Sleep.

Then they wanted to talk to his former vet. Previous dog (a Rottie) was dead at
the age of 14. They wanted to know why.  Really?  Have you people ever heard of
many Rotties living to 14?  He died of old age and a weak heart. And my brother
was with him when the vet put him down, humanely.

Then they wanted to know about his income. Could he afford 2 dogs?
Then, the house and yard inspection form. I guess some used to work in homeland
security. Include in that the "suggestion" of alarm system, and recommendation
for fire alarm. Yup, you heard that right.  And they would measure the fence,
for sturdiness.

Needless to say, my little bro told them to kiss off.

I understand concern, but some of these group have absolutely no awareness or
common sense.

The dogs missed out on a great home, a vacation home, great pet sitter. Mobile
groomer. Vacations. And a family to love them. They are still waiting to be
adopted together. I am sure living in that shelter is a better option, sarcasm
intended.

I hope these dogs find homes, and the woman gets help.

Ileana

Sent from my iPhone

http://showgsd.org/mail.html