[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The 2006 Nationals

  • From: Grace Eaton <zgrace_grace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Gsdstyle@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 17:13:27 -0700 (PDT)

Thank You for this positive post!!!! I wasn't able to go and I appreciate your
spin on it.
  Grace Eaton
Gsdstyle@xxxxxxx wrote:
  I am back from the Nationals. While I too do not agree with Helen's
procedures, for all of the reasons that have already been discussed, it was her
ring
and it is the way she chose to judge. I have my opinion, but I paid for HER
opinion, and that's a dog show.
However, I want to let everyone know that, in my opinion, the 2006 National
was a super, super event. The hard work and creativity of our Board, and the
assisting club, was seen everywhere at the show and at the victory dinner.

The float for the honored members was so special driving around the ring, and
then to see those members watching as the parade of greats, filled with dogs
in all venues, entered the ring and were applauded was just wonderful. There
was the bins of bottled water at the ring gates for the handlers (and the
doubling owners who were just as parched!), there was the pizza and soda and
beer
party on that late wednesday night when the futurity/maturity competition was
on, and there was the dinner was so perfectly decorated - you had to see it to
appreciate it, but it was a blast. I'm sure there were a lot more special
touches that I've just plain forgotten about after a day's travel coming home.
But
I want to send a big public thank you to our club for the wonderful job they
did - WELL DONE!!!!!!

Pat
www.gsdstyle.com
2x Sel CH Here Comes Trouble

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

            Grace Eaton
  Sirius German Shepherds
  zgrace_grace@xxxxxxxxx