[ SHOWGSD-L ] Thanks AKC, my words

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 07:34:27 -0800 (PST)

I wrote to this guy, since Becky was kind enough to give us his email addy.
Here is what I wrote.  For what it is worth....

  I was not at the shows in the northeast, but I have heard several complaints
about a rep accosting exhibitors over supposed double handling around the GSD
ring.

  I will only say that if any rep treats me in any unkind way at a show,
especially without being right, I will be pressing charges with the local
government and police.  I will not stand by and let someone attack me.  I have
not in the past and do not see any reason now to allow anyone to manhandle me.

  If the AKC will not reprimand this person for being over zealous, then I will
let the law take its course.  I will press charges.

  Over the past 3 years I have noticed a very sad trend from AKC.  I no longer
desire to own or show AKC dogs.  I keep getting pulled back in, but I doubt I
will be contributing anything of great measure to the AKC, as it no longer
considers me to be important.

  I have other ways of spending my time and money now, so my owning and showing
of dogs is very limited.  This is mostly due to poor decisions by the registry.
 And having to fear the representatives of the club just gives me more reason
to prefer the company of mutts.  Or maybe I just won't register my next GSD and
I will be able to love it all the same.
sheila

"Becky T. Dickson" <gretchanya@xxxxxxx> wrote:
  Agreed.