[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Thank you..stray orange colored cat

  • From: Kay Reamensnyder Betty Doerpinghaus <bedkar@xxxxx>
  • To: <grnram415@xxxxxxx>, <betsy1r@xxxxxxxxxxx>, GSD list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 19:57:56 +0000

We have a big red barn (around 100 years old) on our property.
Through the years, many a kitty has been "dropped off" at our
place.  We never know who is going to show up at feeding time.....
we just go to the store and keep food on hand at all times.
We spay or neuter what we can catch....the pay off is that we have
no country mouse problem......and they have learned to stay out of
the dog's area. -Kay Reamensnyder and Betty Doerpinghaus -Home of Bedkar German
Shepherds -bedkar@xxxxx -Visit our Website:  www.bedkargsd.com > To:
betsy1r@xxxxxxxxxxx; showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Thank
you..stray orange colored cat> Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 14:39:59 -0500> From:
grnram415@xxxxxxx> > Sounds like you have a new kitty :-)? My cat lives outside
in the garage.? He never leaves the concrete area except to go potty.? He knows
to stay close to the house as any predator will have to get through a bunch of
GSD's to get to him.? He loves the dogs, (except pups, who don't know their
limits yet) and greets the dogs each am.? When I had chickens, he was my alarm
when the chickens needed food.? He refused to eat until the chickens had food
and water.? He was a great guard cat.? I have had him for almost 12 years.? He
was a rescue cat that was found in an abandoned apartment, drinking his own
urine to survive.? The vet thought his kidneys were dead and he would only
survive a year or so.? That was 11+ years ago.? He is still healthy, happy and
enjoys greeting my dog food customers, playing with the adult dogs and being a
cat.? He has no desire to be inside, but I put a blanket in my mudroom and he
sleeps there during the winter.? It can work for you even if you are alle> rgic
:-)> > Laura> > P.S.? I am not allergic and when I am working in my back
office, he sits in my lap and helps me type on the 'puter, LOL!