[ SHOWGSD-L ] Thank You to Everyone

  • From: Jessica MacMillan <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 08:27:12 -0500

As I sift through my e-mail this morning, I just want to say a public Thank you
to each and everyone of you for the condolences.

I met mom at her vet clinic yesterday afternoon. I walked up to the window on
the side of her mini-van and Sidney started smiling and making his tail wag in
circles. I opening the door and climbed in with him and he covered me with
kisses and was so excited to see me - just as he had every other time I saw
him.

Something was not right. He had a round, bloated look. All the muscle was gone
from his body and he could hardly stand. I looked in his eyes and it was as
though he was telling me "It's okay Jess, I have had a long, happy life and
whatever happens from this point, I know you have made the right decision with
my best interest at heart".

We took him into the clinic, tail wagging a million miles an hour. He stopped
to say "Hi" to the vet techs and we took him in to the room...

We said our good byes and held on tight as Dr. John let him cross to the
Rainbow Bridge in peace... Sid was no longer in pain from what caused his pain.
He no longer has to take 4 different medications and he can run as he did as a
2 year old.

I think it is only "dog" people that can understand how special each dog is.
Even when you have had many dogs come and go, it never seems to get easier (as
several pointed out)...

But you know what? It is a great honor to be able to share our lives with them
and I think we should give dogs credit for allowing that.

Thank you again to everyone..
Jess M.Paisley Dals (www.paisleydals.com)& The Shepherd Girls (Simmie, CGC,
TDI, TC, HIC & Pepper, HIC)Member of: DCA, GSDCA & GTCDC
http://www.windowslive.com/mobile/overview.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_mobile_072008