[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Texas Sized Fun! GSDC of Houston Puppy Match

  • From: Grace Eaton <zgrace_grace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: samurigs@xxxxxxx, Showgsd-L <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 09:43:13 -0800 (PST)

KUDO'S to ya'll!!!! I would like to take this opportunity to thank Sharlonna
and Nancy and the Houston club and Ross and Greg for having and helping with
this puppy match and Jr. Handlers Clinic. Ya'll were so great with the puppies
and the children.

  Allison, my 8 yr. old daughter has been with me to several shows, Specialty
and All Breeds and she DID NOT like dog shows! I mean, I had to drag her to the
shows with me...complaining. She was always bored. She was the lil' blonde who
joined in on this Houston show clinic. This experience has turned her around
COMPLETELY! She is now bitten by the show bug and told me she CAN'T WAIT until
the next show!!! She has been stacking Lily in the living room...left and
right!! And doing it right, I might add. I couldn't be happier!

   I hope other clubs take a lesson from this. Because if there isn't a puppy
match/Jr. Handler thing for her to participate in, at the next show she goes
to, she will lose interest. I have ALWAYS wanted my daughter to share this
sport with me and if other clubs follow Houston's example...she will!!

  thanks again,
  Grace Eaton
SamuriGS <samurigs@xxxxxxx> wrote:
  What a fantastic & fun weekend this was. The Houston club put on a great
show. Sharlonna McGaha came down and judged the puppy match on Saturday and
gave everyone a wonderful experience. We all got to see some great young dogs
have the opportunity to show their stuff and have FUN in the ring. Sharlonna
has a gentle hand with the dogs and every puppy walked away with a positive
experience.

Our son, Jacob (7 years old), wanted to run with the Big Boys, so he took his
puppy Nana in the ring. Nana was not leash trained - but Jacob had lots of
patience - and with wonderful encouragement from Sharlonna and the other
exhibitors (Greg, Ross especially) he managed to entice her to a few nice
passes that earned her Best Opposite in Match. The pictures tell it all!
(Thanks to Amy Murkland for the great shots!):

http://users.ev1.net/%7EsAMURIGS/avilabledogs.html

Sharlonna and Nancy then coaxed some precious young girls to join in on a
handling clinic. They all worked their dogs and looked great doing it! Both
these ladies have Juniors in their hearts and are working hard to get the young
people involved!

I was so pleased with the match entry - the future looks bright with these guys
coming up! I hope everyone had a great time!

I encourage all the clubs to spend the extra cycles to hold these fun,
interactive events after the shows. I sure am looking forward to San Antonio
this Spring!

PS.. Nana is Samuri's Mary Poppins by Ch. Lorien's Late Night x Ch. Samuri's
Catastrophe.

Sandy Bruner
Samuri Shepherds
http://users.ev1.net/~SamuriGS

POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original

Grace Eaton
Sirius German Shepherds

Yahoo! Shopping