[ SHOWGSD-L ] Tetnus

  • From: "Barbara Lee WILLIAMS" <santanagsd1954@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 11:23:11 -0800

Dogs can  get Tetnus, however those with strong Immune systems are usually able
to overcome it  and do not require  treatment..So it appears to be uncommon...
Just  My understanding of it...Barb Williams
  #1: From: grnram415@xxxxxxx<mailto:grnram415@xxxxxxx>
  Subject: Re: tetnus
  #2: From: "Rebecca Little" <pbgs@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:pbgs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>>
  #3: From: "Cyndy" <cyndy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cyndy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
  Subject: what is the right dosage of Safeguard for tapeworm?
  #4: From: Terry Cochran
<fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>>
  Subject: Tenatus in dogs
  #5: From: "arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx>"
<arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
  #6: From: sally@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:sally@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  Subject: Re: wonder how true this is??..Vacuums & fleas--
  #7: From: grnram415@xxxxxxx<mailto:grnram415@xxxxxxx>
  #8: From: Gsdbroon@xxxxxxx<mailto:Gsdbroon@xxxxxxx>
  Subject: Re: What is your favorite show?

  Msg: #1 in digest
  Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 13:11:23 -0500
  From: grnram415@xxxxxxx<mailto:grnram415@xxxxxxx>

  I don't think dogs get tetnus.? My girl cut her pad, really bad, on a rusty
metal flag pole.? When I brought her to the vet, I specifically asked about
tetnus.? Was told humans and horses get it but not dogs.? This could be
inaccurate or old info but I know she was not given a tetnus shot.?
  Laura Thomas

  From: "Rebecca Little" <pbgs@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:pbgs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>>
  Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 13:22:30 -0500

  Here is a link about tetanus in dogs

http://www.marvistavet.com/html/tetanus_in_pets.html<http://www.marvistavet.com/html/tetanus_in_pets.html>
  Rebecca Little
  Peakes Brook German Shepherds

http://sites.centralpets.com/mammals/peakesbrookgsd/index.html<http://sites.centralpets.com/mammals/peakesbrookgsd/index.html>

<rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>>

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #3 in digest
  From: "Cyndy" <cyndy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cyndy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
  Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 12:27:06 -0600

  Hi All,
  Can someone please send me the correct dosage for Safeguard for tapes?
  Thanks,
  Cyndy

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #4 in digest
  Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 10:30:07 -0800 (PST)
  From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>>

  I did a search and found this artical which includes the treatment. I would
be worried that the dog has a weak immune system.

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/picrender.fcgi?artid=1679988&blobtype=pdf<http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/picrender.fcgi?artid=1679988&blobtype=pdf>

    Terry

  ---------------------------------

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #5 in digest
  From: "arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx>"
<arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
  Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 18:29:09 GMT

  I've heard of several dogs which have gotten tetanus.  Just recently one on a
BB I frequent was diagnosed with it, treated and survived.  If you like, I can
try to find the link to the thread/s so you can read more.
  Gayle & the Hooligans!

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=6&uid=4294023<http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=6&uid=4294023>
 - Link to The Hooligans Albums

  -- grnram415@xxxxxxx<mailto:grnram415@xxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]

  Largest network of startups. Find new startup opportunities. Click here.

http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2221/fc/Ioyw6i4s07PRiijhQVOBdmEEKGaRfPScCZMtfVCBqzVMhqJmBue0Xc/<http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2221/fc/Ioyw6i4s07PRiijhQVOBdmEEKGaRfPScCZMtfVCBqzVMhqJmBue0Xc/>

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #6 in digest
  From: sally@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:sally@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 18:40:57 +0000

   Well I have a 10 yr old Royal upright Vacuum and believe me nothing could
survive going thru it and come out alive. I think it could also get small
animals LOL

  Sally
  www.embroiderybysally.com<http://www.embroiderybysally.com/>

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #7 in digest
  Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 13:44:56 -0500
  From: grnram415@xxxxxxx<mailto:grnram415@xxxxxxx>

  Yikes!? I hope all of you responded to the List too.? Folks should know dogs
CAN get it.? Maybe I should have demanded a tetnus shot.? My girl recovered
just fine without it, but if it is a possibility, I'd rather err on the side of
caution.? Thanks for your responses.
  Laura Thomas

  From: Gsdbroon@xxxxxxx<mailto:Gsdbroon@xxxxxxx>
  Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 13:47:19 EST

  In a message dated 12/18/2007 9:37:34 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
  cccaudiology@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:cccaudiology@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
  Santa  Barbara KC when it used to be held at the
  polo grounds and they had the  lamps and waiters around
  site.

  And GSD entries of 200+

  viv

  Vivian Brown