[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Testing and who is paying the bill

  • From: "Kathy Tank" <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 09:55:57 -0700

Carolyn you are right on.
It can and would clean up the face of the breed in a large way, in ONE
National.  That is not to say that people wont find
other ways to try , but it would be a HUGE deterrent to most.
The support for this is building with each passing hour....there has not
been one credible reason not to.
I just had a private conversation where we talked cost.
Let's put it into perspective.  If I , as a Select entry owner, have to pay
"x" amt of dollars, and just for argument's sake
let us say that is 20 or25 dollars  (it's NOT ok, but for this example)
I would GLADLY pay that amount.  If it meant that competitors that CHEAT AND
BREAK AKC RULES
by dyeing / drugging would have to think twice before doing it , AT OUR MOST
IMPORTANT SHOW OF THE YEAR...
then so be it.  If it meant the playing field would become noticeably more
level, SO BE IT.  I would pay it, and gladly.
I spend that much money on tee shirts and "goodies" at a National in ten
minutes...so a fee to test my dog...their dogs?
OH YOU BET YOUR SWEET BIPPY, I'd pay it.

Kathy

http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com
Home of :
CH. Elvaston's Nations Cup TC, 26 BOBs
CH. Victory's Leviathan
CH. Garter's E-Male of Fran-Jo Anne Isle

WEBSITE PUP-DATED SEPT 22, 2008