[ SHOWGSD-L ] Testicle Question

  • From: "Jodelar Kennels" <jodelar@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 16:14:19 -0600

I have a litter of Standard Dachshunds (our other breed) that just turned 5
months old. We kept back 2 pick males here, beautiful. BOTH of these boys'
testicles have not dropped as of yet, and there is another pet pup from this
litter that has only 1 now. After talking to another breeder, I found out
that the stud I used had produced 2 litters prior to this one, and produced
a male with only 1 testicle out of one of those litters. After contacting
the stud's breeder, I am told by her it is her opinion that, "It is very
strange there are 3 pups from this one litter, and that it must have
happened with my bitch during gestation within the uterus."  I am just
curious if any of you have dealt with multiple pups from one litter like
this, genetics causing this, etc.
Thank you.

Lauren & Dewayne Gaught

JODELAR