[ SHOWGSD-L ] Temperment Test Question

  • From: "Jessica MacMillan" <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 11:22:58 -0500

Hi Everyone -

Quick question here.. The local GSD club is doing a temperament test this
weekend and I decided the enter Simmie (Acara's SImmie Orion Free).... I
told her it was time to start working fora living (at the age of 8), so this
will be the first thing - albeit small, definately fun :-) Wait 'til she
finds out that she will be re-enrolled back in obedience this fall :-)

I assume a 6 foot lead and a chain collar are the requirements and I have
heard what the basic course is (similar, if not the same as the old ATTS
tests)... Can we talk to the dogs or encourage them in anyway?  Not that the
boss lady needs it as I have NEVER found anything that phases or bothers
her. Just curious.. Also, what obedience exercises are included, I assume
walking nice on leash, a stay and a recall, but I cannot for the life of me
remember.

If someone can send me the rules or a link, that would be awesome... I have
never owned a dog who didn't have at least one title, so it's time for
Simmie to go to work...

Jess Mac
Paisley Dals (www.paisleydals.com)
and the GSD Girls.

Local listings, incredible imagery, and driving directions - all in one
place! http://maps.live.com/?wip=69&FORM=MGAC01