[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Temperment Test Q 2

  • From: CherlynGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: cajon1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 21:55:41 EDT

In a message dated 10/17/2005 8:51:38 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
cajon1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Hi,  Thanks all. Got it, No commands but can talk to the dog. So from what i
understand points are written for each individual thing through out the
course. It is not a Pass/Fail, it is points, right?So also the less
encourgement
i give and the less talken i do( except Good Boy or Good Girl),  the better my
dog will score, right? Just trying to understand so as i don't  mess it up
for the dog by talking to much, and getting points taken away.I  have faith in
the dog, Ha, Ha, it's me. Just a lookin ahead so as i don't mess  it up for the
dog. Joni

The test is a Pass/Fail Test with each stimuli graded from a (-3) to a +3  on
each item. As long as you don't receive a minus score on any test part you
will pass. A plus 3 indicates a very strong positive reaction a negative three
indicates that your dog is waiting for you in the car and if you don't get in
 quickly he is leaving without you. <VBG>

It's a fun test ... just let your dog be a dog.

Linda Chernak