[ SHOWGSD-L ] Temperament Tests

  • From: Holly Whitney <holly@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 19:02:23 -0400

> Msg: #3 in digest
> Subject: Temperament Certificates
> Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 16:58:14 -0400
> From: helenfranklin520@xxxxxxx
>
> sent to the board.........
> Dear Board Members:
>
> The membership is having a problem getting a Temperament Certificate
> on their dogs
> due to the lack of clubs offering the test.? It has been suggested
> that each specialty
> club be required by the GSDCA?to?hold this test once a year in
> conjunction with their specialty show.? Perhaps we need to look at
> making certified people available to these clubs
> from the parent club.? Costs of travel might be absorbed with the
> entry fees for the test, or
> at least partially absorbed.? Since we require a TC in order to
> obtain an AOE, we must
> make the tests feasible.? I have one person in the Northeast just
> lacking this test for
> his AOE.? Would one of you lovely board?members bring this up at the
> meeting this
> weekend, please?
> Many thanks,
> Helen Franklin
> AOE Chair

Whoa!  Wait!  Before we get all up in arms about this lets find out
some of the reasons we don't have Temperament Test.   The GSDC of
Southern New Hampshire would love to have one.  We can't get
affordable insurance for the club if we have one.  We have been told
in no uncertain terms that our insurance would drop us if we used a
pistol, any pistol at any event for any reason.

Holly Whitney
GSDCofSNH