[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Temperament Test...and Obscenity not want we meant

  • From: "Paula Cooke" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 15:02:35 GMT

I am with Kay and Betty and Kay and Jen!

Since we started specialing Harley throughout Nevada, Arizona, and California
in November, I have never had a problem with the AB exhibitors.  They are very
supportive and complimentary.  The day after Harley beat out a gorgeous
Standard Poodle for BIS, the Standard Poodle beat out Harley for BIS.  I went
over to congratulate the handler of the Poodle, and tell her that her dog was
drop-dead gorgeous, but, before I barely finished saying, "I am the owner of
the GSD," she immediately said, "Oh, he is drop-dead gorgeous!"  We became a
mutual admiration society!  I told her that Harley will move over on the couch
if she ever wants to retire her Mikimoto son to Hemet, CA.  That is typical of
the reactions I have had at the AB shows.  It is different, in mostly a good
way, than specialties, in my experience.  The GSD people who frequent the AB
shows, like Kay, Art, Ben, Kathy, Paul, Jennifer, Sheryl, Anna, Mary, Gale,
Nick, and Theresa, have become my valued friends.  A Boxer breeder/handler gave
us a bottle of champagne the evening that Harley won his BIS; Kay gave me gifts
the day Harley finished and again the day Harley went BIS; Theresa and Nick had
me over last Saturday night and opened a bottle of champagne to celebrate
Harley's Grand Championship.  Other Herding Group people have never denigrated
one placement or award or accolade Harley has received, contrary to the
behavior and comments made by some GSD specialty-only fanciers.
I love the AB's.

There are also many more vendors at all-breed shows, which is always great fun!!

Just my experience and opinion.

Paula

Home of Best in Show, Multi-Group Winning, GSDCA Dual Title Award Recipient,
AKC JAM/AOE, International and American Champion Asgard Harley Davidson v
Plamark, HT, PT, CGC, TC, HIC, OFA CHIC #64047, DNA tested clear of the
long-coat factor.  #1 Male German Shepherd Dog in the Country, #3 German
Shepherd Dog in the Country, as of 4/30/10 (Canine Chronicles)