[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Temperament Test...and Obscenity not want we meant

  • From: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 13:54:19 EDT

how about the other breed exhibitors?  yesterday, while relaxing and
watching karen judge, i heard ...

1.  from an irish setter exhibitor - "your dog barked" - she was  referring
to a crated GSD bitch, sitting right behind her owners, who had the
AUDACITY to bark at another dog as it passed her crate.  the irish handler  was
furious and started yelling at the GSD bitch.  thankfully, the owner  told her
what for and shut her up

2.  from a host club member - the presence of a couple of ex-penned  GSDS
was "terrifying" some chows and the chows pitched a fit (of course, THAT  was
also blamed on the GSDs) - the club rep claimed the GSDs were "mean".
trust me, i had judged these dogs the day before and they are NOT mean - just
dogs.  dogs BARK - go figure.  thankfully, one of our handlers told  him off.

3.  from an aussie handler who was angry that a young male GSD was
sniffing her bitch's butt.  she actually said, "this bitch is  breedable!".
well,
DUH, lady - you're at a dog show, your bitch is in  season and this male dog
noticed!

4.  from a weird man with 2 large somethings (i don't remember what  breed
he had) who actually walked the 100 plus feet AWAY FROM THE RING and  behind
shrubbery and a bathroom building to come tell us that calling our  dog was
bothering everyone at his ring.  we were NOT being disruptive at  all.

for whatever reason, our breed has a bad rep - undeserved and unfair.   by
the time i left yesterday, i wanted to tell the rest of the dog world to
GET REAL DOGS!  i love many other breeds but the people are  ridiculous.
diane, who stays away from the all-breeds as much as possible
Diane  Silver-Strasser
Silstra German Shepherds
_Skatiebug'z_ (http://skatiebugz.shutterfly.com/)  The online store for
everything German Shepherd and then some!
_http://skatiebugz.blogspot.com_ (http://skatiebugz.blogspot.com/)
Skater's Blog

In a message dated 6/14/2010 10:27:17 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
ELG440@xxxxxxx writes:

We need  to educate the judges out there, (not the specialty judges) that
while temperament is the first thing in our standard, that does not mean
our
dogs are going to attack first chance the get.  Well, not  all of them
anyway.