[ SHOWGSD-L ] Temperament Test...and Obscenity

  • From: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 19:14:19 +0000 (UTC)

Way back a US Supreme Court Justice ( don't remember which one) stated words to
this effect..." I can't define obscenity but I know it when I see it"....Its
the same thing with a temperament test...I don't think our test determines
whether a dog has a good temperament or not...and then again define good!....I
won't own a dog with a poor temperament...and I have returned a few back to
their breeders, Bob Scholes, may he rest in peace sold me a dog that should
have been put down!....within the past six months I've purchased two half
sisters whose parents are Schutzhund titled on both sides...without saying a
word, my wife, a complete novice, noticed right away that these two girls are
much much different than the dogs I've bought and bred over the past 11 or 12
years....like many things, temperament is a function of good breeding, not
testing!...a GSD with poor temperament?...now that's obscene!....FB