[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Temperament Test at the National - Special Edition

  • From: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx
  • To: LauraEG@xxxxxxx, arelee@xxxxxxxxxxx, InquestGSD@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 11:52:41 EDT

In a message dated 7/13/2006 3:49:39 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, LauraEG
writes:
Perhaps if more clubs held temperament tests, the Specials could have  their
test prior to the nationals?  Make it a requirement to enter the  class

Hello Laura
Thank you for your response.  Sure do appreciate it!!  Personally  speaking I
would like to see the TC done the week of the National, and be a  requirement
every year for every entrant.  That way we are evaluating the  dog currently
, and not relying on a test that may have been done......?   We want to raise
the bar for the National Specials, keeping everything pertinent  to that
class, that timeframe.  Many will already have one from years  ago...this will
not
be for a certification, but  a re-check as it  were.
    Also in the case of WD , WB, they too  must pass the test to be given,
after winners.   They could opt not to  do so, but that means they will not
have
a ticket into Specials.

I agree with the gunshot, which is another reason maybe a different area
other than the main ring. Also don't want to tie up the ring , we are still
trying to shorten the National.

Keep the ideas coming!

Kathy Tank