[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Temperament Test (and Committee)- LONG

  • From: Denise Williams <denwil2007@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 17:03:51 -0800 (PST)

(Sp.)  Chase would growl.  He is a bit talkative.  He takes his job seriously
too.  But I live in 'da hood, so he doesn't get a lot of correction from me:)
 Denise W.
http://www.showgermanshepherds.info
for show and performance
(join my site ring-follow the link)

________________________________
From: Denise Williams <denwil2007@xxxxxxxxx>
To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 3:24 PM

Just had that same conversation on another board. I don't think we will
ever agree on what test/job/sport is a suitable test of temperment. The
only real test is a life experience, where a dog performs in an
emergency situation.  May we never have to go through  that to prove
our dogs.
I'm not sure if the CGC test is equal to the GSDCA
TT.  This is an interesting view.  Anyone can take CGC classes, so you
still teach the test. I practiced basic obedience with Chase before our
CGC.  Chopper was a cakewalk. As a show dog, we have plenty of practice
ignoring other dogs, being left with strangers, saying in one place.