[ SHOWGSD-L ] Temperament Test

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 22:49:06 EDT

Sad to hear that a TT evaluator is using this opportunity to act as breed
warden.

I have watched Bob Penny, Dick Whalen and Peggy Douglas administer this
test, and not once did they act like the pedigrees of the dogs being tested was

relevant.

I may have missed the memo, but I didn't realize we had installed breed
wardens in our club. Someone clue me in, please?

With Dick and Bob's passing, I was surprised to hear that there were no
openings for new evaluators. Or even consideration for people interested to
apprentice under the current senior evaluators. I sure hope that doesn't mean
this
is an elitist committee.

It is most unfortunate that we have people walking away from the  Temperament
Test with the feeling of being wronged, just for not having the  right
pedigree.   Is that how we "encourage, don't discourage" the  fancy?  Is this
what
being "all about the dogs" is all about?    Forgive me if I appear skeptic.

I thought this test was strictly about temperament. This is supposed to me
THE MOST objective test. Where did we go wrong????

Ileana