[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Temperament Test

  • From: TISHW@xxxxxxx
  • To: GSGrandma@xxxxxxx, irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 17:52:56 EST

In a message dated 3/1/2005 4:59:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,
GSGrandma@xxxxxxx writes:

> If we ever have the temperament test here again hopefully we can get Bob
> Penny to do it.  I have been part of the temperament test here before and
> never
> would have those judges again.  How can a dog pass the test that  takes
> him/her five minutes to touch the umbrella and then hide behind owner
> during the
> weird stranger.  And then see other dogs do it perfectly and  they get a
> lower
> score than the other dogs.  I personally want a real test  from a judge that
> do not know and feel I can get a honest one {maybe}.   Here is one person
> fed
> up with politics.

This is the Temperament Test which, if passed, means a dog can have a T.C.
after his name.  The Loose Lead Evaluation is merely a procedure the judge is
asked to use in the conformation ring and does not in a T.C. after a dog's name.

Tish