[ SHOWGSD-L ] Temp. Video for Judges

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 23:02:49 EST

In a message dated 11/16/2004 8:46:31 AM Pacific Standard Time,
WALFLWR2@xxxxxxx writes:
The video is shown at the various judges seminars in the USA for which the
Parent Club is asked to provide presenters.

Evidently this is causing more trouble than help. These judges hear from the
GSDCA and the AKC that there is only one breed that requires a special
temperament test. It is no wonder they think our breed is a dangerous one.

While it sounds like a good idea to have a special test format, it is having
the wrong result. As we know, some judges use the special test in the group
only on the German shepherd. This is a message we should not be sending.

It might be time for the board to rethink this message, and consider if we
are doing more harm with the message than we intended to do?  I think the
temperament of our breed is good in general, and it may be time to work more on
the
locked hocks.

Or, we can continue to demand a special test and scare more all breed judges.
 Fear is not all bad.

Evan
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come together

POST is Copyrighted 2004.  All material remains the property of the Poster and
of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS of any kind are
permitted without prior permission of the original poster AND of the Showgsd-l
Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

For technical help and administrative matters, please contact the List
Administrators at admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx