[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Tape em if you got em

  • From: Ruth Scheubler <rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 20:16:14 -0800 (PST)

I am not particularly fond of the color (ok, I don't care for it), but I
thought Rusty was the most stunning pup I had ever seen. I did want to breed to
Dealer but it did not work out. And Gotti, the last time I saw him when he
strolled around the outside of hte ring on mid-pacific futurity weekend some
time ago - he just took my breath away. He had matured so beautifully.
  Ruth
ELG440@xxxxxxx wrote:
  Evidently when Bobbie used to breed a bitch to Rusty, she would use duct
tape to tape the bitches muzzle, (lightly) to protect against biting. She
realized that Rusty would perk up whenever he heard the ripping of duct tape
being
unwound.

At the show in Texas Rusty was being shown. Bobbie was at the end of the
ring, and every time Rusty would go around, she would pull off a strip of duct
tape, and up would come his ears, and he would look fantastic. There Rusty
went, at full flying trot, and there was Bobbie ripping and pulling and
running,
slower and slower, and slower.

Suddenly we realized that Bobbie wasn't moving and she was just a round gray
mass, She had duct taped herself into a mummy, and couldn't move. Some of
us realized the problem and unwound her. Had we not noticed she would still be
there today.

As for Rusty, for some reason I seem to remember Tedi and I had something to
do with his lines, but I can't remember why. He was a great dog, and such
fantastic ring presence.

Evan
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come together

In a message dated 1/9/2008 7:56:49 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
arelee_1020@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Evan, I knew that Bobbie used duct tape to double her dog. She knew it would
get Rusty's attention, because of using it when breeding him, etc. But I
didn't know, nor have I heard the story about Bobbie being "all taped shut."
Are either you or Bobbie going toe tell us the "rest of the story? "
Inquiring minds want to know !