[ SHOWGSD-L ] Tape Worm Question

  • From: CMILL189@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 10:28:57 EST

Hi Everyone I have not had a computer on and off for about 2 months!!! It
may be fixed now thank goodness.
     I have a question for everyone, I have tried  google but all I get is
where to buy tapeworm meds!
Does anyone know how long it takes for a dog to show signs of tapeworm
(segments in stool) after the dog ingests a flea?
     I have a client who came into my boarding kennel  office and went
absolutely ballistic yesterday. Unbelievable but true!!  Anyways she is going
to see
her lawyer because she attended 2 training  classes (1 hr each)  in our
Training Building and yesterday her vet  discovered tape worm for a bill of
$100.00. She then proceeded to our training  facility with a class in session
she
disturbed the class for about 10 minutes  and yelled it out to all present that
her dog got Tapeworm from us. She has a  chihuahua.
   I keep a really beautiful clean facility. We have a fully  carpeted
Training facility for the safety of all pets and clients. The carpet is
commercial
grade and is vacumed every single day, spot cleaned as an accident  happens
and  professionally cleaned when needed. She is blaming it on us  because we
have a carpet.
Of course she signed our training waiver which would cover this. We  told her
we would contact her vet on Monday (when they open up) and I would  discuss
the situation with him and she really went ballistic and said if I  called her
vet she would sue.
No matter how clean my facility is I can not guarantee that the other dogs
in her class did not have fleas.
 Now I know I should start writing that book about Owning a Boarding
Kennel.The stories I could tell!!
 Thanks! and I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!   Cindy

products.