[ SHOWGSD-L ] Tampa Bay Florida GSD Rescue needs legal help

  • From: "Diane Roberts" <dianeroberts.gsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ELG440@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 19:04:36 -0400

I took a dog into the rescue program Jan 2009 with a signed Release of
Ownership.  They had obtain the dog from the original owner that could no
longer care for the dog and moved from FL to TN 6 months prior.

When Brutus was brought to me he came with his vet records from the original
owner.  In the time the 2nd owner  had the dog he was not on heartworm
preventative, was on cheap food and no flea treatment.  When he got here he
was underweight, heavy fleas with hair loss, open sores, had both staff and
yeast infection on his skin and in his ears.

After a month in rescue with quality food, medication, medicated baths and
some training I placed him into a forever home.

Last week the original owners e-mailed and called telling me that I needed
to get their dog and return it to them immediately.  I told them it would
not happen.  Now I have a letter from an attorney demanding their dog be
returned to them within 10 days (they now live in TN) or they will sue me
and the rescue.

I am leaving for the National this weekend as herding starts next week and I
have several days of driving and to drop off Christmas presents for 4
grandkids on my way.

I have the attorneys letter, the personality profile, release of ownership
from the person that signed him over to the rescue in Jan 09 that I can
e-mail to whoever can help me.

Diane Roberts
Majestic German Shepherds
Tampa Bay GSD Rescue, Inc
www.tampabaygsdrescue.org
American German Shepherd Rescue Assoc, Inc
www.agsra.com
Riverview, FL 33569
813-671-2913