[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Taking dogs back

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Stormy435@xxxxxxx, Showlist showlist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 12:41:31 -0800 (PST)

I want to share a story with you all. About 10 years ago a lady called Fairway
looking to give me her 11 year old male who was a total love and in very good
health. They bought him as a puppy. I asked her for the reason for the
placement
of her dog. The answer was that she and her husband had retired bought a motor
home and wanted to travel and she did  not  want him in her motor home. She
gave
me all the really good reasons why I should rescue her from her dog.

The urge to crawl through the phone lines and strangle the woman was
overwhelming. I struggled to control my self. It dawned on me if I went to jail
then someone would have to rescue my dogs!
So I explained to her that her male dog was Part of her life but to the dog she
was His life. That to be rejected by her was the most cruel thing she could do
to him. If would be more humane if she put him down if she could no longer deal
with him. There was dead silence on the end of the phone. I offered to go with
her for support. More silence. Then I asked her would you like me to tell you
what you need to travel with your dog?  That lead to a shopping list and I a
reminder that he would be there as a early alarm system until the end.

No I didn't breed this dog. In a way I may have saved him.
Terry