[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Take The Lead

  • From: stormy435 <stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "GSD List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 18:02:19 -0700

Not responding TO Cathy's email, just using it as a take-off point, going to
the source:
 About Us:  http://www.takethelead.org/about.htm

Take the Lead provides direct services, support and care fo rpeople in the
sport of purebred dogs who suffer the devastation of life-threatening or
terminal illnesses.

Take the Lead was founded in 1993 as not-for-profit foundation under Section
501 (c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code dedicated to provide direct services,
support and care for all qualified participants in the sport of dogs who suffer
from the devastating realities of life-threatening or terminal illnesses.

and

http://www.takethelead.org/eligibility.htm

Anyone who has made a serious commitment to the sport of dogs for at least five
years and is suffering from a life-threatening or terminal illness qualifies
for assistance from Take The Lead.

And the application form:
http://www.takethelead.org/apply.htm

Stormy

On Mar 11, 2009, at 5:52:25 PM, "fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Hi;
I believe Take the Lead is for more then terminal illnesses. I friend of mine
who was a Judge passed way suddenly several years ago and he had no life
insurnace. Take the Lead assisted and paid most of the funeral expenses, he was
in Texas when he passed and
had to be flown home to NJ.

I believe in their web site also says assistant with dog food, etc.

Cathy
Kelstar

--
Stormy Hope