[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Tail hair eating

  • From: Bonnie <gsdjomar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-L@Freelists. Org" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 20:52:16 -0800

Excellent post Christine.  Many, many years ago I had a Quik daughter whom I
bred and to boot, her first litter.   Two gorgeous males although one had an
un-united elbow.  Both, would chase their tails.  This was the first I ever
saw of this.  Both, bloody stumps.  I placed them both as pets and they
thrived as house dogs.  Many years later, I did a line breeding on my Quik
daughter.  The male I kept never did it but sure produced it.  So, what do
you do?   I would never keep one but, as with other faults in what we have
been given from the past, what does one do?

Bonnie

Visit us at:  http://www.Jomargermanshepherds.com