[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Tail chaser

  • From: Amytortoise@xxxxxxx
  • To: uwish@xxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 17:22:43 EST

Barbara,
                      I had a female who chased her tail. She was just plain
crazy!. I put everything  on it including hot sauce. She did not care. She
would wiggle the end of her  tail and then she would attack it until it would
bleed. I even took her to a dog  psychiatrist at $80 an hour. His solution was
put a shock collar on her and  shock her every time she went after her tail.
I told him you idiot, I could have  figured that out without your help. I
ended up spaying her and giving her away.  I cannot deal with a dog that does
this
to themselves. You better try to make  this dog stop before it becomes a
habit. If you cannot make it stop I would find  it a pet home. Sometimes they
will
chase their tails if they are bored. But when  they chase their tails and
bite the end constantly they are just plain crazy  and  not worth dealing with.
Good luck, been there done that. I had a puppy  last year start chasing her
tail. I knocked her off her feet gently of course  every time she did it and
eventually she stopped. I will not keep another dog  that chases it's tail. It
is
not worth the aggravation!
Amy Greenhut
Justrock Shepherds