[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Tail Chaser

  • From: CLOVERLEIFE@xxxxxxx
  • To: uwish@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 15:00:56 EST

i had a german line male(WATZER) with a long gorgeous tail who chased his
tail like he was stalking a snake and would then attack it....we tried
everything.....he didnt start this until he was about 18 months and never did
as a
younger dog...he was a high drive male and was NEVER bored....he was the kind
chew tires and would carry truck tires around his neck....in the beginning, he
did not chew it but evidentually started and it got down to the bone and when
he wagged it, blood over the house walls...we tried covering it and used eliz
collars at the end and nothing helped....we finally had to amputate the tail
leaving a stub like a dobe...we thought that would stop it but he still would
stalk it but couldnt grab it and developed  a new habit of going round in
circles as he was now really frustrated that he couldnt catch it....i was
worried
he'd rupture his spleen but never did  and he lived to an old age of 13 years
and died of bloat...he will always have a special place in my heart

Natalie

CLOVERLEIFE HILL KENNELS
Jerry and Natalie Stewart
http://www.cloverleife.com/
CH Cloverleife's Dimples, CH Cloverleife's Cappuccino
CH Carmil's Amadeus v Windywood
Website Updated 2004
Show and Pet Puppies available