[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Tahoe Fire ( Ray Jacobs', home destroyed)

  • From: SHOWGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 21:41:48 EDT

Ray Jacobs and his wife Joanne have been  pillars of the GSD community in the
SF Bay Area for many, many years.  Several years ago they sold their lovely
home in Walnut Creek and moved to their dream home in beautiful Lake Tahoe. He
was always emailing his friends photos of their house and the beautiful
scenery as the seasons changed. Since the fire started, I have been trying to
call
them and email them with no luck so I was getting more and more concerned. Then
today, I receive the message below from his son that they have lost
everything in the Tahoe fire.  This is just so sad....he had so many pieces of
memorabilia from his duty with the Marines (was one of the initial flag raisers
in
WWII) plus tons of souvenirs from his many years in broadcasting.  Ray was the
backbone of the Diablo Valley German Shepherd Club for many, many years and
also
was the primary organizers of the Western Regional Council of German Shepherd
Dog Clubs.  Both clubs prospered under his leadership.

I don't have much more information at this time, but thought his friends
would like to know what was happening.  I will be working with his Marine
friends
to see what we can do help.

Kay Springer
www.showboatgsd.com
Home of Ch. Rohan's Reward TC, HT
aka "Strider"

<< I'm the Son Of Ray Jacobs

The Fire at Lake Tahoe has destroyed my parents home

they are ok but had only minutes to get out with what they could

and it wasn't much >>

http://www.aol.com.</HTML>