[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Taboo discussion for Stud owners...?

  • From: Hickoryhill <hickoryhillgsd1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx" <Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx>, "barbara17236@xxxxxxx" <barbara17236@xxxxxxx>, "marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 16:17:23 -0700 (PDT)

Yes I know, I have a microscope, I have used it successfully. I think it boils
down to what the bitch owner feels comfortable with. If a stud owner is
proficient with doing the shipping and the bitch owner is fine than there
shouldn't be a problem. C

On Monday, March 10, 2014 5:52 PM, "Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx"
<Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Yup, I can see it but prefer the documentation from the repro vet....

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions
visit http://www.pinehillgsds.com/

In a message dated 3/10/2014 6:00:43 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
barbara17236@xxxxxxx writes:

In my  experience, the ONLY vets who can truly breakdown a collection, are
repro  vets.  I know my regular vet does not do it.

BTW - it  is quite easy for anyone to check semen with a microscope.    You
will not get an exact count, but you can clearly tell  a good collection
from a bad collection. And, if they are moving forward on the slide or not,
and under the highest magnification on your scope, you can see double-heads,
  no heads, kinks, and premature sperm.

Barb Hively -  PA
DNA.  It's what makes a white, a German  Shepherd