[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Taboo discussion for Stud owners...?

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <barbara17236@xxxxxxx>, <hickoryhillgsd1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 15:20:58 -0700

We work with I.C.S.B. right in our area. They give us SIX page
semen evaluation on INCOMING semen...and what we ship out!!
Detailed and color coded!   <G>  They even e-mail this if wanted.
You can see it on a huge screen at the clinic and almost evaluate
and count it yourself it is so big and incredibly clear.
One way or other...the SIX pages identifying perfect semen
collections does not help get the bitches pregnant!!
With the rising costs...most of us cannot afford two shipments
and have to try to make it work with one....working around weekends
and Holidays and Vets not available....the timing is often not
that great and at great expense.
Often..working with a stud owner does open the door for more than
one breeding.  With careful care by a good stud dog owner...A good
healthy stud dog maintains healthy high volume sperm all during his
active years at stud.

I believe we need open a discussion to re-evaluate this....and
consider doing some of this ourselves

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com