[ SHOWGSD-L ] TWO BIG PUPPIES - Happy Thanksgiving!

  • From: "Terra Fairburn" <terraf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 18:28:47 -0600

Joelle's Mona Lisa Keggi Fair, (DaVinci daughter) had her puppies!  It was
quite the ordeal since the male was born 3 days early weighing in at 1 pound 8
ounces and butt first.  Had a little bit of a problem but got through it.  Then
we wait almost another 9 hours and then head to the vet.  At the vet Mona was
x-rayed and there was one HUGE puppy!  Pit shots (3) over a 3 hour period did
nothing.  By this time Mona is still doing pretty good but we figured the puppy
was dead.  C-Section and we had a live female puppy weighing in at 2 pounds and
6 ounces.  Her head was somewhat swelled from all the pushing.  Mona is doing
well and the pups are home eating like no tomorrow.  We are going to call them
Samson and Delilah.  The vet said he has NEVER delivered that big of a puppy
alive before including the St. Bernard's. He also commented on what good shape
Mona was in. The puppies Sire is Select CH. Braunhaus Samurai.  We are Thankful
that Mona, Samson and Delilah are here with us tonight!  Happy Thanksgiving
Everyone!!!Terra Fairburn & Nanc Kinley
Keggi Fair German Shepherds
www.keggifair.com   UPDATED
members of the GSDC of Quad Cities