[ SHOWGSD-L ] TN 2 GSDs need help Urgent

  • From: Karen4paws@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 23:15:20 EDT

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO ME BUT INSTEAD TO THE PERSON AT THE END OF THIS
EMAIL.
HI,
While I would much prefer to be contacting you  about adopting an
animal, unfortunately this isn't the case. I have an  elderly friend who
has dementia and is going into an assisted living  facility. While we had
been trying to talk Bob into placing his two girls for  a while, he would
have nothing to do with it. He fell Sunday evening and is  now in a
position where he can not live at home anymore.  The two  German
Shepherds sisters are very sweet girls. They are 5 years old, spayed  and
received regular heath care until this year. They are due their  shots
now, and we would be willing to cover the cost of them. We can  also
provide copies of their vet records. Bob does not have any papers  on
them, but says he bought them from a breeder somewhere around Triune.
Bear and Cub are very smart, but Cub is very jealous of  Bear and
would start fights with her when ever they were together and Bob  was
around. I believe it was because Bob mostly kept Bear in the house  and
Cub in the Garage/fenced back yard. They do play together fine when  they
think no one is looking. I have never seen or smelled dog poop in  the
house, but Bear appears to be paper trained for peeing. I think it  was
mostly because he wasn't very observant and didn't let her out like  she
needed. Cub would come in also and would pee in the house if she  could
not get outside. They were just too much for him and he couldn't  work
with them like he used to. They are actually very good dogs when you  get
them alone, and I have never seen them get aggressive to people.  Several
weekends we had 8-10 people they had never seen cleaning Bob's house  and
they were just happy and excited. They are good watchdogs. I don't  know
if they would go after cats. Bear is low keyed, and only fights Cub  back
when she has had enough. She is smart and obeys Bob very well. I  think
she would make a good pet for another older person, especially if  they
had a dog door or could train her to go out. Cub is a good dog and  I
think she would respond very well in a home where she was an only  dog
and where she could get plenty of attention and a firm, trained  hand.

Because of the situation, we need to find places as  soon as
possible. They will be cleaning out the house to sell soon. I have  them
on the Nashville Humane Association's list and they said it would be a  1
- 2 month wait. Right now they are staying at the house in the  fenced
yard and garage. We have several people who alternate going by to  spend
a little time with them and feed and water them. Since the house  will
take a lot of work, we may have about a month time frame to work  in.

We would really appreciate any help with finding these  wonderful
dogs either good homes or into a shelter where they have a good  chance.
Any references or ideas would be greatly  appreciated.

Thanks,
Marcie
615-210-5560  (cell/home)
615-862-5390 (office)