[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: TIME TO SAY GOODBYE

  • From: "Maria McDonald" <kohlein@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <myjoygs@xxxxxxx>, <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>, <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 13:38:44 -0700

One of my poems I have saved.....
IF IT SHOULD BE

If it should be that I grow weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then you must do what must be done,
For this last battle cannot be won.

You will be sad, I understand.
Don't let your grief then stay your hand.
For this day, more than all the rest,
Your love for me must stand the test.

We've had so many happy years.
What is to come can hold no fears.
You'd not want me to suffer so;
The time has come -- please let me go.

Take me where my need they'll tend,
And please stay with me till the end.
Hold me firm and speak to me,
Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time that you will see
The kindness that you did for me.
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I've been saved.

Please do not grieve -- it must be you
Who had this painful thing to do.
We've been so close, we two, these years;
Don't let your heart hold back its tears.

--- Anonymous ---

Maria, Michael and Katlyn McDonald
Kohlein German Shepherd Dogs Reg.
http://members.shaw.ca/kohlein/