[ SHOWGSD-L ] THERE ARE NO GAG ORDERS!!!!!

  • From: "Terra Fairburn" <terraf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 22:48:18 -0500

Gag rule does not exist.......but what WAS passed in my opinion gives the
impression of a gag rule....and in my opinion the rule was not necessary...and
in my opinion it was created because some members on the board for whatever
reason don't like the list and the rule was put in to intimidate board members
not to talk about board business....you can't read it any other way...I was
born at night, but it wasn't last night...Ed Hill
Hey Ed and others:

I checked this out and you are so right Ed....there is no GAG Rule.  The P & P
states this "Official internet communication shall be limited to Constant
Contact messages approved by the Executive Committee or through a forum
conducted and governed by the board."

I did not understand the meaning here and tonight I called a member of the
Executive Committee and was told that the Board wanted "one voice" to speak for
the Board.  And who better than the President?  The Board also wanted to make
sure that not just one or a certain LIST got the information first.  Therefore
the rule is that the President would use Constant Contact to get the "Official
Word" out to the actual members of the GSDCA.  The approval of the Executive
Committee can take up to a few minutes after such information is collected or
voted on.  All the President has to do is request that she be allowed to
summarize the information of the meeting, the vote, or whatever and send it out
via Constant Contact.

Oh and I asked how long would members have to wait for something to be written
and submitted by Constant Contact.  It is done at the users own computer, and
is as easy as sending it out to the LIST (s).

So the Board was really trying to make sure that ALL MEMBERS (not just the
showgsdlist) would be privileged to the information when they voted to use
Constant Contact.

WOW does that make a lot of sense!  Now I do not remember getting a message
today via Constant Contact about the Review changes that the Board decided on
this weekend.  I have asked about the situation and was told verbally by a
Board Member about the changes.  It is not top secret and there are no sleeping
dogs!!!

I question why this information was not sent out to the MEMBERSHIP by Constant
Contact as the P & P outlines.  There is no GAG ORDER PEOPLE of the GSDCA.  Do
yourselves a favor and contact your Board Members for the OFFICIAL Word when
you are concerned.  The information can be sent out to us quickly from a home
computer in situations like this and we need to push for BETTER COMMUNICATION.

I will be cross posting this to all the LISTS and GSDCA members I know.

Terra Fairburn