[ SHOWGSD-L ] THE TALE OF TOW TRUCKS-THANK YOU FROM Joelle

  • From: tiffany bartley <joellegsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 20:52:02 -0800 (PST)

Well things have finally gotten unthawed from our deep freeze weekend at
Topline Shoreline we still talk about the weekend and shake our heads. As
handlers you can only travel with the Gardian Angel for so long before she
takes a vacation and your on your own. We broke down with our box truck at the
Triangle cluster and were stranded at the hotel Sunday morning. We wanted to
take a minute to thank the following people of selflessly offering to take dogs
to and from the show site working as a team so not just their own but all the
dogs, equipment, and crates used and entered were transported.
  Tracy Schukow-Indori Kennels,
  Terra Fairburn & Nanc Kinley-Keggi-Fair Kennels,
  Anita Clouse -Ranita Kennels (who ironicly was also broke down with us so we
had company) and the best traffic director we know lol lol lol
  Kenny & wife Cunningham (who stayed just to help-thank you very much)
  Brenda Stalter-SugarTree Kennels
  Carole Micheale-Trotwood Kennels
  And last but not hardly least thank you to Leslie & Donna (and Sandy of
course) of Aramist for helping us far beyond the call of duty with an over 12
hr drive ahead of them they stayed an extra night and towed our truck not once
but multiple times and finally to the garage where it remained until it drove
on its own. Their van I am sure must be alittle more than tired this week. Talk
about a memory. The look on the garage owners face when I yes you read right I
attempted  with yelling from Joann and patient coaching from Leslie attempted
to pull the truck linked with a chain to the Aramist vehicle into the garage
parking lot my turn radius was just alittle off mmmm lets say a future in tow
truck driving is not likely. The owners commet of "you people just think you
can do this without a tow truck mmmph"  before I could process his lousy
attitude Leslie (of course) turned and....... I know you think she decked him
not true she just leaned forward and said "you people" I
 mumbled something useless like "we've had a long day please be nice" the best
was Leslie's next comment she looked directly at him and said where we come
from when a friend breaks down you buy a chain and tow them. He didn't have
much to say after that. I want to end with also thanking my partner Joann who
tried in vain and froze all day trying to get our truck running. Thank you
Joann I geuss when the fuel freezes there just no go'in anywhere.
  Thank you again for a sense of humor and good fellow dog family members who
once again came through.  As someone who has grown up in the world and seen the
worst and the best I think this is on the best list. Good night I think all who
went to the Triangle could sleep for a week next to a fireplace and not bat an
eye....well its wishful thinking.
  Tiffany
  Joelle Kennels

Never miss an email again!