[ SHOWGSD-L ] THE REVIEW....A POLL

  • From: onaluzlead@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 10:44:26 -0500

 I have been reading with interest, comments and posts regarding The
Review...now being I am on the "committee" of marketing...and really have had
little input due to my own personal situations (THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO HAVE
PICKED UP THE SLACK)...I am concerned for both sides of the coin. Alot of
people within our GSD community have business experience and personal thoughts.
I really think that we need to turn this into an educated and informative
session without any finger pointing.
Susan has been doing the job, very well, the best she can with what she
has...as we all should assume...there are mistakes, we all make mistakes, we
are all human, unless our 4 legged friends learned how to post...but she has
also undertaken a huge job from a not so great situation prior. Without asking
for accolades of compliments or condemning words...I am going to put out
there...without discussing it with her or anyone on the committee's but for my
own curious nature...I would like to filter all of the comments and problems
and solutions....

If you are unhappy with the Review...what is it that upsets you and makes you
unhappy with it...
what can we do to change it and make it better, with facts and back up figures
and true input and thought.

You want more articles....have you sent any? Sometimes it's easy to want...but
to do...takes more energy...any ideas? Anyone offering to push that idea and
take on something...offer to....

This club is run like a business, well....sometimes...business' need to re
group and figure something out better....if you have that opinion, state it,
back it up, and show how you know it will work...how can anyone then say
no...and if it brings in money or works, well then the whole club profits and
will be in a better situation.

Also realize this would need to be voted on, but...if enough facts and proof
were put together...what could be the argument. The biggest factor and maybe
the hardest, personal feelings must be put aside...it's not about us...it's
about making the best publication we can with what we have and educating and
exciting new people to join in and be part of it.
We have a World show coming, maybe we need to start focusing on that and
leading up to the biggest bestest show on earth....to hell with Ringling
Brothers....we are the GSDCA..................

Please realize also that I am not pushing aside the people and their feelings
on mis spelled names, forgotten pictures any of it...just trying to figure out
how to not have that happen and what we can do to make sure it doesn't....NO
ONE likes to be bitched at as well as feel less then and forgotten...so...we
are a dynamic bunch...send me emails and lets see what happens....

I leave for the Garden tomorrow but will be back Monday night...Tuesday I will
be back to read and reply and see what comes of this, so if you don't hear from
me immediately, understand, I maybe fighting another snow storm and God knows
this year has been pushing the limits!
Take care and hope all is well and safe with our crazy weather...
Donna Calabrese