[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: THE MENTALLY RETARDED "BREEDING'

  • From: Susan Madlung <stormygsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 08:58:09 -0800

Without even remotely wishing to touch this with a 10 foot pole, I expect what
Fred meant to say was the same as I have been saying for eons..
If only the human race were as careful about their breeding program as dog
breeders are - we could surely rid the world of any number of genetic maladies
that people agonize with every day..
This has nothing to do with prejudice but has to do with the fact that as
careful as humans are, or want to be, about breeding dogs, the human race as a
whole is very negligent in the production of the highest functioning mammal
species in the world - human procreation is left simply to chance, were as we
DEMAND any and all genetic testing, clearances and scans for our animals..We
clearly function in a double standard...
My daughter has poor vision, missing teeth, splayed feet - she is gorgeous on
the outside (a great picture, although her sidegait leaves a little to be
desired) but if we judged her by the same measures we judge our dogs, she
should have been spayed and put in a pet home! LOLOL!! (but, then, I wouldn't
have my gorgeous granddaughter, now would I??)
Sue Madlung - Shadowacre Reg'd German Shepherds