[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: THE HILTON & SPECIAL RATES & CHICKEN LITTLE LIVES!!!

  • From: "Paula Cooke" <psharp212@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 13:14:33 -0700

Last year's National, I had my rental car paid for in February, through
Priceline.com, for $14 a day.
364 days before the next year's National, I book rooms at discount prices,
at several local hotels.  I have had rooms booked at 6 different Fort
Collins hotels since last November-December.  I haven't decided for sure
where I will stay, but, I do know that I will have a room at a good price.
Only once did the GSDCA get a better price than I did at a host hotel, and
then that host hotel matched the GSDCA price for me when I got there.  I
have rooms booked on my route to and from Fort Collins, including one in Las
Vegas, as I am driving this year.

I shop airlines all year long, those years that I fly rather than drive,
though I generally fly for free, thank's to my favorite credit card.

I plan the National down to the last possible plannable thing!!  I even map
out the local vet e.r.'s, the local PetsMarts, local restaurant's that give
kick-backs through my credit card, etc.

I can't do things at the last minute; there is not a drop of spontaneous
blood in me!   I panic if ABC changes their line-up at the last minute!!

I am going to Westminster next February for my 60th birthday;  I had my
hotel room reserved two months ago.

I am more prepared than you are, Sally.  I think I may have OCD, but, so
what???

Now, if the sky DOES fall; it will be me you see running around in circles
like a chicken with it's head cut off!!!!  I don't think I could cope with
THAT!!

Paula, 140-some days and counting