[Showgsd-l Freelists] Re: TAILS

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: domntim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 12:24:31 EST

Using Fire again, (my only example, but a good one), her dislocated tail was
not diagnosed for several months after it happened.   (yes, she was checked,
any vets and chiro's went higher in the spine and upper part of the tail! no
problems there). The dislocation was about halfway down her tail, no bump, just
wiggy and loose at that point.    I was told by that excellent vet that
because it was so long after the event that she probably would not regenerate
nerves
but it was possible,either still through the column or even outside the tail
bones.   I was told to apply moist heat and pull my hands/fingers down her
tail just above and then down through the tail.   I did, faithfully, for a long
time.
She did regenerate and at all times, even pulling on a lead, she has full use
of her tail and uses it correctly.   The two omissions to this is when she's
in the ring, where she partially uses it, and when I'm biking her.   ( I use a
harness, so there' no pulling on the neck or the spine).   She had never done
this before she dislocated it, and keeps the saber part correct.   She just
is an ornery girl and uses her tail to let us know that,is my take.   :-)

Stormy
in chilly Colorado

In a message dated 11/11/04 8:55:16 AM, domntim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> My
> understanding is that nerve roots in lower back(lumbar area) are like horse
> tail, and it does not take much to pinch a single nerve, by bone or disc
> proliferation, or simply get degenerated thus leading to irreversible nerve
> damage(unless treated surgically the same day it was discovered).

www.FairhopeGSD.com

POST is Copyrighted 2004.  All material remains the property of the Poster and
of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS of any kind are
permitted without prior permission of the original poster AND of the Showgsd-l
Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

For administrative problems, email problems and technical support, please
contact the List Administrators at admin@xxxxxxxxxxx, in private.  Please do
not post individual problem issues on Showgsd-l