[ SHOWGSD-L ] Suzanne Kinman & Jane Jeter

  • From: SARAVAGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2011 10:31:26 EST

I had never really met Suzanne until the Ohio Nationals...toward the end of
 the week she came over to the rescue table Sally had generously donated
for Last  Hope.  Suzanne introduced herself.  I noticed she looked a bit tired
 and I ask her to sit down, we chatted for quite a while, she looked though
our  "rescue book" and we talked about rescue.  She then told me she had
just  had some surgery for cancer and was fighting it but she MADE IT TO THE
NATIONALS....what an inspiration to all of us....I talked to her a bit about
my  thoughts on someday opening a sanctuary for senior and medically
challenged  GSDs...she was encouraging to me.  When Weeping Willow was selling
our
 sweat shirts she wanted one and Sally sent it out to her; this was shortly
 before she passed away....

I never personally met Jane Jeter.   Jane supported rescue,  Weeping Willow
and our mission.  She ordered a sweat shirt a couple  weeks before she
passed away....I do hope these ladies were able to wear their  Weeping Willow
shirts proudly....they were great ladies behind rescue and  Weeping Willow.

We will be having another sweat shirt sale in a short while and I would
like to dedicate this sale of beautiful shirts, donated by Sherry Nolan and
lovingly embroidered by Sally Hayden, to the memories of SUZANNE KINMAN AND
JANE  JETER and their commitment to rescue.

Pat  Lukos
SARAVA German Shepherds
_www.saravagsd.com_ (http://www.saravagsd.com/)
Weeping Willow 2nd  Chance German Shepherd Sanctuary
_http://weepingwillowgsdsanctuary.com/_
(http://weepingwillowgsdsanctuary.com/)

In a message dated 2/5/2011 6:41:58 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Tindrock1@xxxxxxx writes:

Kim, I  don't think anyone could have described Suzanne's service nicer
than
you  did.  Todd Cosper, who is a Pastor and personal friend of Suzanne, did

a wonderful job presiding over her service.  It was heart warming,  and
when  we were talking with Suzanne's brother, Ken, he would say  to us, oh
yea,
Suzanne's mentioned your name, Suzanne your  name.  Suzanne had such a
close
relationship with her family and her  friends.  In fact, if you didn't know
Suzanne, she never said a bad  thing about anyone, but was honest and
sincere.  We loved her  so much and it won't be same without her.  I do
know one
thing,  I believe Suzanne's death will bring many of us in the Atlanta
area
together to become better friends with each other and show each other  the
love and respect that we all deserve.  We need to make more  of an effort
get together with each other, play with our puppies  together, and just
take
the  time to deepen our friendships, despite  the distance we are from each
other in  the Atlanta area.  I  know I am going to try to be a better
friend
in the  spirit of  Suzanne.  We do not know how much time we have on earth,
and  this  has opened my eyes, along with Jane's death earlier this month,
that we can't  count on being here tomorrow and we need to make every
second
count and really  take the time to go out of our way for our  friends and
family.  I know on a  personal note I am doing that  with my Mom, who just
moved
in with me over the  holidays, and I'm  glad to have this bond with her at
this time.  Cheryl   Olson

Msg: #2 in digest
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 22:25:32  -0500
Subject: One  more post about Suzanne
From: Kim  McNamara  <klite3gsd@xxxxxxxxx>
The memorial service for Suzanne  Kinman was  lovely today.  The amount of
people there showed how  much everyone cared  for her.  She was described
as
friend  with a capital F.  That she  was.  I am heartbroken that her  name
will
be read by Bart at the  National and Gary will ring the  bell.  Or is it the
other way  around?  Whatever - we have  lost a Friend and a family member,
and
I  wish we would all treat  one another like family and understand that
there
might not be a  tomorrow to tell them how much we care for them.   And when

it
comes right down to it, I don't care where the National is - I   only care
that my family will gather there with me and we will celebrate  our  dogs
and
our love for them and each   other.
Peace.
Kim

POST  is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.