[ SHOWGSD-L ] Suspension -- defined!!

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 12:46:26 -0500

Ah, Barbara can come up with some stuff --
Ok folks, actually in the good ol' standard, something
I've not read in deatail for a while -- please forgive me;
I've always loved the words  "flying trot" for our dogs &
as I've read many thru the years and seen all kinds of
"movement" --       A strange one and if I'm right the
only one ------- to do it like our GSDs is, please help
as I'm old and am prone to some Senior Moments
BUT -- isn't it that somewhere as the dog "flies" there
is just a teeny that  ALL FOUR FEET ARE OFF OF
THE GROUND AT THE SAME TIME???   This, I do
believe IS what the word "suspension" is all about in
this instance.   Speed is not the word here tho, but
ease of motion during the trot.  HAVE AT IT FOLKS!

Any time ANYONE EVER started to talk bad about
those GSDs and the HD -- I took the time to tell them
the truth as I knew it ---  Well, you see the GSD must
be one eighths longer than tall because of what they
do and how they do it.  They need to have that long
body with the back legs pushing easily as they trot
around the sheep in an easy manner.  If they were
built like the sled dogs - square - where they need
to have total pulling ability all around, it just would
not work.      It's not that they have bad hips it's that
people just don't understand --  Same old same old
EDUCATION   EDUCATION!   Bye for now   Norma no L