[ SHOWGSD-L ] "Survey" Books from the past

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 18:29:26 EDT

No, I am old, but not that old.

When we started in shepherds, we tried a number of ideas for kennel names.
We like Fran-Jo, Covy-Tucker Hills and Laganeau, but they were all taken. So,
we  decided on Asgard, as we started with dogs named from mythology.

We quickly heard of a kennel in Florida using the name and were going to
register it, but decided that might cause a problem for them. So, we just went
on and used the name, and it seemed to work.  Last year some long time  friends
of ours, and top breeders,  gave us a gift of glasses with our  kennel name
on them, "Encore."  I couldn't stop laughing.

I am reminded of the words of Mark Twain:  "People would worry much  less
about what others think of them, if they only knew how seldom they  did."

We did know many of those people named in the survey, and remember seeing
Lance's grave in the back yard next to the steps, and seeing a very young  Zeto.

I also remember watching the homes to see who was rich, they had a TV
antenna on the roof, and rubbing Oleo to get the yellow into the lard so it
looked
like butter.  I remember seeing signs to "bring your fat cans here"  to donate
our used grease for the war, and having my parents friends with tattoo
numbers on their wrist.  I remember my dad introducing me to his high  school
friend Jerry Ford, and telling me about the one date he had with Lana  Turner.

I remember handling with Gail Sprock, the One and Only and Ron  Whitehead.

And, I remember Mama.  Since we were talking about TV shows.

Evan
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come   together

In a message dated 8/10/2008 11:52:05 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
izakabuska@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Asgard -  wow - Evan - you were breeding even back then

Read reviews on AOL Autos.
(http://autos.aol.com/cars-BMW-128-2008/expert-review?ncid=aolaut00050000000017
)