[ SHOWGSD-L ] Support for Katrina's Victims..

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <CHGermanShepherdShowDogsList@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 20:51:37 -0700

In ONE day of a plan for two days of fund raising,   the City of Sacramento,
Calif. has
raised over one million dollars for the Red Cross to use strictly for the
Hurricane
Katrina victims through our local T.V. and Radio Stations.   Tomorrow will be
their
second day.......hopefully it will match today's effort.
This is just one of many efforts to raise money for this situation and a way
that we can
all help.    If there is nothing like that going on locally in your own State
or area, you
can always contact your local Red Cross,  or www.RedCross.org  or
'Red Cross Katrina Relief'.   There is also  www.salvationarmyusa.org
There is even a place on GOOGLE to click onto for your help or donations.
Another suggestion is your local Churches.   These are three great sources for
help.
Our Federal Government is sending a couple of billion dollars....but we can all
pitch in
on a smaller scale through these type of Organizations to insure that many are
helped
on every scale, and every dollar is used wisely.
Right now the only way we, and most of us can help,  is with money.
Hopefully the Criminal idiots will be gotten under control without declaring
martial law.
It's a sad commentary of just how low some humans can go to.   I count on the
heroes
in this horrific mess to override and outshine these hoodlums.   Greg & Linda
are two.
I like the saying:   May we always be the person our dogs think we are........

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com