[ SHOWGSD-L ] Summer Heat (Kathy Partch)

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "ELG440@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: john.lacher@xxxxxxxxx, kathy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2015 17:53:59 -0400

I had to be in court yesterday in Palm Springs. When I got there at seven,
it was ninety two.

Evan _

In a message dated 6/27/2015 12:12:27 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
john.lacher@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Hi all GSD lovers. The weather channel reports current temp of 85 degrees
for our location. Love the breeze!! Went shopping before it got HOT .

100 degrees by 5PM.

Hey Kathy, Great Information. Thank you for posting.

Also remember, hot side walks, hot parking lots, and hot sandy beaches
will burn the pads of your dogs feet. Keep a spray bottle with water in your
vehicle and at home to spray the pads. The pads act as little air
conditioners.

Duke. ..Today I am 12 weeks old

(Mar Haven's Duke of Earl)
Oroville, CA 95965

On Saturday, June 27, 2015, <

_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/) _kathy@jokaysedona.com_
(mailto:kathy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) _> wrote:

Hello Everyone!
It’s going to be 104 in Cottonwood, AZ today. This is Northern AZ. Here is
a list that may surprise some. The following dogs should not be exposed to
heat period.
1. puppies up to six months
2. large dogs over seven years of age
3. overweight dogs
4. overexerted dogs
5. dogs that are ill or not feeling up to par
6. dogs on medication
7. dogs with cardiovascular disease or poor circulation
8. dogs with a previous history of heat-related disease
9. dogs like Pugs, Bulldogs and Boston terriers (short smashed in faces)
10. dogs with heat intolerance due to poor acclimation or those kept under
air conditioning or swamp coolers all day
11. heavy coated dogs in a hot geographical location
12. dogs with underlying heart/lung disease
13. dogs with hyperthyroidism
14. dogs that become stressed to other dogs, training, thunder or
separation from owners
Kathy Partch

_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/) _www.JoKaySedona.com_
(http://www.jokaysedona.com/)