[ SHOWGSD-L ] Suggestions

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ELG440@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 22:41:38 -0800

I think we're already there Evan......no time for dogs or dinner or rest after
Judging.
Forget Tuesday and start on Wednesday morning with the Futurities....
After the Futurities, Judging  all dogs Wednesday up to Open and Judging all
bitches
on
Thursday up to Open would cut way down on the time for rotating rings and Judges
and  handlers running to change rings.    All the Presentations could be done on
Thursday after American Bred bitches to make the day for bitches take up the
same
length of time doing the Futurities did on Wednesday with dogs.   It would also
make
it easier for those that are showing in competition and also have dogs for
Presentations.
Then judge  BOTH dogs and bitches for Open on Friday to W.D. and W.B.
It would simplify things for Exhibitors, handlers, ring Stewards and Judges and
even
photographers and cut way back on time wasted.
Handler/owners of Specials would have time to work their dog in the arena and
still
get
back to care for them and eat......
Not so much down time waiting during the day......and a lot more time in the
evenings.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it....not that there's anything wrong with
that....<G>

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com