[ SHOWGSD-L ] Sue Away!! a question about lawsuits..

  • From: chsweetsun@xxxxxxx
  • To: stormygsd@xxxxxxx, mary@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 07:11:35 -0500

 Unfortunately here in the USA a Lawyer can specifically name a Nurse without
bringing suit to the whole hospital.   I know of one case, only because I am
trying to get my nurses to document better, where the hospital, Dr. and nurses
were sued because the patient developed serious complications from an allergy
to a medication that was administered.  The nurse was the Only one that was
brought suit against as she administered the medication directly even tho the
Dr. prescribed it.  It was found that the patient's chart was Not labeled
correctly stating that he had that allergy even tho he told them on admission.
 This is SUCH a Sue-Happy Society anymore, that everyone needs to be
"protected".  I still DO NOT understand, tho, how a private club could let
someone in it if they are even inclining to sue it.  That "Letting them in the
Door" is/was the ONLY protection.

Tari Kridler
Home of 2003 Amer & Can GVX Kridler's Ruby and her Father 2 x Sel. Amer & Can
Ch. Kridler's Quno @ http://www.kridlersgermanshepherds.com  (We Have Puppies-&
they won't go to H&H!)