[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Suck It UP???!!!!?????

  • From: "Chris S. Kimerer" <tanbarkgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "k9krazz@xxxxxxxxx" <k9krazz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 10:34:10 -0700 (PDT)

    Hi Mike

I know you posted this question to Terra, and I'm sure she will answer when she
gets time, but I'm going to jump in here also.  There have been numerous
contacts to the board, and several of the board members are listening.  As with
many aspects of today, there are certainly things that can be cut to save
money.

If you've been reading the posts, which obviously some of them you have, you
are aware of the fact that the National has been loosing money since the
Colorado National.  I believe some of those losses could have been avoided, but
now it is what it is.  But to expect to make up prior year's losses on the back
of the people attending the National is not right.  We have all been "sucking
it up" for a while now, I am a HUGE believer in the National, the
Futurity/Maturity's and the GSDCA, but the time has come where the sucking up
also needs to happen at the top level.  I believe that is the point most are
trying to make here.

Regional Clubs are struggling all over the country, so to take away the Purina
money that was set in place to allow all Regional Clubs that wished to host a
Futurity/Maturity that now some will NOT be able to do that, is a pretty bitter
pill to swallow.  Also, for a board member to make the statement that all the
freeby programs are finally stopping, and to corrollate the membership to a
welfare system program, is absolutely disgusting.  With information being so
readily available and members becoming more & more aware and involved in the
financial aspects of the survival of the GSDCA, it is no wonder that there is
an outcry.

To answer the question you posted about foolish programs, I think many are
worried about the World Trials event.  When the decision to host this was made
2 years ago things were already shaky, now things are just looking plain
scary.  So that is probably the biggest threat financially to the club.  There
is no way that the income from the National, even if this is going to be a
super good National, is going to cover the up front costs of this event.  We
are two years out, so it's extremely hard to speculate how things will be by
then, in Europe or the US, so hopefully big corporate sponsors will be found to
help offset the financial obligation we are facing right now hosting this thing.

I hope I ansered some of your questions, have a great rest of the week.

Chris
Chris S. (Jolley)  Kimerer
www.tanbarkgsd.com

Ch. Tanbark's 2MuchBling Joelle Aramist OFA H/E
Ch. Trotwood's Emerald v Tanbark Joelle Aramist
AOE Sel.Ex.Ch.Carousel Farms Samantha, PT, TC OFA H/E
Ch. CaralonQED JD Drew Bleibtreu, RN OFA H/E
Ch. Cresther's Blast of Kenlyn, HI, CDX, OFA