[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Subject: Re: NEW SUBJECT - ADD ON NAVIGATION UNITS

  • From: "Jodi Distilli" <djdistilli@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <myjoygs@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 14:01:35 -0500

If you've ever noticed 'funky-looking' vehicles driving around with antennae on
them, they are surveying for GPS land maps, so I've been told.  OTher than
stores/businesses opening and closing (which is why once I went to someone's
house searching for China buffet) this is what buying the updated maps is all
about.  It's a big country so it's taking time to get to this exact.
I have also noticed that I've learned to judge distance much better over the
last few years.  Initially, when my GPS would say to turn in 200 feet (while on
Long Island suburbs with a lot of blocks) I'd start turning like right away.
Once my teenage son says, "Tsk, Ma, not here; that's like 20 feet."  Hehe.

Now, Devin and I will play a game, where I'll say that I think to the top of
that hill where that truck is blah blah is 8/10 of a mile.  Gee, wadda ya know,
so right. When Adam Lambert's new album comes out, I'll have that to listen to
instead of myself babbling. VBG

xoxo
jodi - plugging Adam's new album

From: myjoygs@xxxxxxx writes:
I do notice that the GPS takes you through cities instead of around which I
don't like.

Some units have settings for "faster time" or "shorter distance," and you set
that option. Some units also have alternate routes, which will show a yellow
flag on the screen or make a beeping tone to let you know there is a better
route.  Mine will speak and say a better route is available.  You can always
just go around and let it recalculate I suppose, but in city I'd be careful.

Jodi Distilli
www.dinovagsd.com
is Copyrighted 2009.  All material remains the property of the original

MANNER
ALL