[ SHOWGSD-L ] Subject: Re: List of Class B dealers who sell to laboratories in

  • From: gretchanya@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, vande001@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 May 2009 20:21:27 -0400

 Maybe we can all use this information for a different purpose? Perhaps it's
important to have this list very public if for no other reason than to be sure
pet buyers go elsewhere. Just a thought, but I don't think these dealers would
fit the definition of "responsible" or "ethical."

Might be a good National listing to include on gsdbydesign.

Cynthia VanDenBerge <vande001@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You are definately on the right track.? We all hate the thought of animals

being used for research...and there is certainly enough bad or redundant

research being done out there...but, without research we would not have many

advances in medicine (for our own pets and humans), so, humanely and properly

done, research is not a bad thing all of the time.? As far as where labs get

animals, when I did research at Mayo, you could always tell when it was getting

close to coon season because we would get a ton of hunting rejects.? Poor

"washed out" coon hounds.? Contrary to popular belief, not all

research dogs come from "official" breeding facilities or need to be

of special "lab" quality.

Regards, Cynthia

Becky T. Dickson

www.gretchanya.com